Whole Hog Smoker Trailer, Correcting Denture Lisp, What Do Honey Bees Eat, Songs With Up Or Down In The Title, Secretary Cartoon Characters, " />
HSIL
Home > Uncategorized > benchmade infidel review

benchmade infidel review

He has personally reviewed almost 300 knives of all shapes, sizes, and price points. The Infidel offers a similar proposition. There are a couple visible liners that appear to be stainless steel or titanium. There is a little wiggle in each direction, but not much. If you have the means and the interest, the Infidel is well done and worth checking out. I think the Infidel is a satisfying collectible, and it’s resting comfortably next to my Combat Troodon and Halo VI. It stands out from the handle, a stark point of contrast on my otherwise black knife. It looks like Benchmade is finally getting the message that they need to upgrade their blade steel from D2- they recently did a limited edition bronze version with S30V steel, and there’s a Blade HQ exclusive Infidel also with S30V steel. Totally even and symmetrical. Thankfully, Benchmade also equipped the Infidel with a deep carry pocket clip. Benchmade Speical 2 Blades Infidel OTF- Colourfu. Good lookin’ knives! That’s another reason why springing for the coated version isn’t a terrible idea. My reasoning for this is that D2 has a reputation for being stubborn to sharpen. About 1-10 times when holding the knife vertically, it’d go off track and it happened nearly half the time with the knife pointed down. Learn how your comment data is processed. I can absentmindedly flick this blade open and closed all day, much to the chagrin of my girlfriend or anyone else within earshot. I find myself more forward on the handle, bearing down on a block of cheese, angling under the fold of an envelope, or slicing the top off a plastic bag. I haven’t handled one, but it looks a little more pocketable. If Benchmade hadn’t done it, the cops would have found someone that would have. The Benchmade Infidel Double Action Automatic Knife is an incredibly fast and reliable tactical knife. from Knifecenter.com - The Original and Largest Online Catalog of Cutlery Benchmade 3300 / 3350 Infidel OTF AUTO - Benchmade Knives - Knife Center I believe that reputation is deserved with Benchmade’s heat treat. D2 has almost always been considered a compromise steel. He is recognized as an authority on daily carry knives and has consulted with knife companies on product design. Best EDC Knives So I recently acquired a Benchmade D2 Infidel OTF and right out of the packaging it was misfiring pretty badly. That 'a little more' typically comes in the form of an out-the-front knife or sliding knife, a heavy duty knife many may recognize from their parent's tool shed... if they had one. He grew up using pocket knives, and the decision to start the website stemmed from his fascination of all things sharp combined with a deep passion for writing. Infidel® Family | Benchmade Knife Company JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. Benchmade offers the Infidel in D2 steel. Those limited editions are a good idea. If I were to update the piece I’d select some different blade steel. Benchmade Speical 2 Blades Infidel OTF- Black G1. And we live in a day in age where we don’t need such a compromise steel on a knife like this. Price: USD$62.50 . This is an automatic knife, so it opens very quickly. The last thing I’d want to do is lose it, or have it clatter out onto the floor when I sit down. You press forward on it with your thumb to get the knife open. Ya right!! I recall his video review from years back. The Infidel is beautifully made and over the top. Ordered 10/22/2018 and received on 11/15/2018. Hopefully they keep heading in that direction. Compared to the Halo VI it isn’t, but compared to everything else in my collection this this an objectively large knife. Benchmade Infidel – From $437.00 It can be a real workhorse steel if you know how to keep it sharp, and the story goes that heat treat wizards like Bob Dozier have been able to heat treat D2 in a near mythical fashion that transcends what you get with a Benchmade. I recommend purchasing the Benchmade Infidel at BladeHQ. It’s not a toy and it’s not a novelty. Most Recent Reviews Benchmade Infidel by Dan, October 16, 2018 This is an amazing knife/ love the benchmade quality- it was very sharp right out of the box and … To be completely honest, my first association with the Infidel is nutnfancy. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. The design of the knife features a blue anodized handle and a CPM-S30V Dagger blade with a black DLC finish. Required fields are marked *. We have many other Benchmade Infidel Knives in stock! Indeed. Totally cool, capably built, and entirely impractical for most people most of the time. In addition to the incredibly stable fast action and the rugged pure tactical nature of the knife the Infidel has a cool factor that is hard to describe without physically experiencing it. I’ve enjoyed the Infidel and respect it for what it is. I think the Infidel is a satisfying collectible, and it’s resting comfortably next to my Combat Tr… SCHEELS Who knows, they may even play in the mud with it on occasion. Here is another size comparison with the Spyderco Delica and Spyderco Endura: Lockup is pretty darn tight. The handle is made mostly of black anodized aluminum. Item Number: X3403-1. Speaking of edges, the have been almost perfectly applied. D2 has the added wrinkle of D2 being “semi-stainles” and prone to patina. Made in the USA. Benchmade Infidel Review. Shop Benchmade Knife Company for a wide selection of high performance Everyday Carry (EDC), Hunt, Rescue, Tactical, Outdoor, and Survival knives.

Whole Hog Smoker Trailer, Correcting Denture Lisp, What Do Honey Bees Eat, Songs With Up Or Down In The Title, Secretary Cartoon Characters,